......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Monday, November 29, 2010

Pray for Rain in Israel

I heard just a snippet on the radio today about a drought in Israel. I thought I heard it said that tomorrow is a day of prayer and fasting in Israel as called by Jewish rabbis. Home I came to research if this is fact.

Did you know that Israel is in its seventh year of drought? It seems that many Jewish Rabbis are proclaiming that the drought is a result of the many sins of the people (click HERE for example).

I was unable to determine if tomorrow is specifically set aside as a day of prayer and fasting for rain in Israel, but I know the people there are praying for rain. Some even traveled 1000 feet into the air in a balloon to pray (CHECK it OUT). I'm not sure if going up in a hot air balloon gets them closer to God, but I admire their faith and creativity!

I don't know why this radio news story touched me so much or why I can't get it out of my head. It just did. Perhaps this is God moving me....asking you....to pray for rain for Israel.

The news story got me thinking about THIS STORY. Cool, right? You gotta read it for yourself!

The news story also brought to mind a cool, cool song. Now, Southern Gospel is not my favorite genre, and the singers in this video would probably cringe at their 1990 hair and wardrobe, but the message and harmony is pristine nonetheless! Give it a listen!



FB friends click HERE to view the video.

7 comments:

findingpiece said...

After reading your support of Meredith. I HAD to check out your blog. BEAUTIFUL...just beautiful!! I think you are adjusting to KY just fine. ;)

Your family is precious and if you get the chance, dance (oops, I'm baptist...), I mean interpretive movement over to our blog. :)

Have a blessed day!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just added your feed to my favorites. I really enjoy reading your posts..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for good stuff

Anonymous said...

it was very interesting to read. I want to quote your post in my blog. It can? And you et an account on Twitter?

TheiaT said...

Dear Anonymous from March 19,

What is your blog address? I would first like to read your blog.

Thanks!

findingpiece said...

Who me? :)

findingtherightpiece.blogspot.com

If not me, sorry!

TheiaT said...

findingpiece,

...only if you were the 'anonymous' who asked permission to quote my blog...see the comment posted from March 19th by 'anonymous'. I don't think it's you:)

Theia