......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Creature was Stirring...It's a MOUSE!!!

'Twas the night before Christmas vacation and all through The Way Home house, all the creatures were stirring, even a mouse!!!

As I sat on the couch, I heard a great clatter. What, oh what, could ever be the matter?


It was Silkyla who squealed as she hopped from chair to chair, "A mouse! A mouse!" she cried. "There's a mouse over there!!!"


I leaped from the couch and tried not to freak. Scooting the couch from the wall, I took a little peek.


And what before my eyes did appear? What I would have given for just a tiny reindeer! Oh, but nothing could be that easy....I saw this big, creepy rat and immediately became queasy!

What, oh what, tell me WHAT SHALL WE DO? Who will be our hero? Who can come to our rescue?

I had an idea and picked up the phone. Lord, please, please, please let Jessie be home!

Jessie, I know that it's late, but please get here quick! There's a monster under our sofa! No, this IS NOT a trick!

Jessie came in a flash with a twinkle in his eye. He had a fool-proof plan...the mouse was gonna die.

The chase was on. I thought I would cry, but before we knew it, Jessie captured that little gray guy!


I'm dreaming, you say? This tale can't be true? We captured it on tape! Just take a quick view!!!



Watch closely for the creepy-mousey...focus on the area to the bottom left of the screen just below the electrical outlet!


Before, anyone says a thing....I'm sorry we screamed over a mouse while holding a sleeping infant! I know it was wrong....but we girls were acting like girls!



Just to answer your questions...We were all just sitting in the living room watching tv tonight, taking silly pictures with my camera, and just generally having a fun night before everyone leaves tomorrow for Christmas break. Suddenly, Silkyla (pronounced like "tequila" but begins with the "s" sound instead of "t") freaks out because a mouse somehow crawled across her back and along the back of the sofa. I call Jessie. Jessie comes over. That's where the video begins.



At the beginning of the video, one of the girls, Kiara, is jumping on the couch to try to scare the mouse out from under the couch. Arabian is our official videographer. Silkyla's screams were real....the mouse had actually crawled across her back earlier...she was really scared!

A special thank you to my good friend, Jessie, who got out of bed at 11 p.m., drove up lookout mountain in the freezing cold, and captured the mouse! Initially, the mouse was under the couch. As you can see on the video, it ran from the couch to behind the entertainment center. It eventually ran behind another chair, and into a storage closet. How Jessie caught that mouse, I don't know. Whew!!! I'm so glad he did!!! What a mighty good man!






5 comments:

Doris H. said...

HOW FUNNY!!!!! AMAZING WHAT SOMETHING SO LITTLE CAN DO TO A BUNCH OF GIRLS, ISN'T IT!

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, THEIA.

WE'LL BE THINKING OF YOU ON SATURDAY!

LOVE,
JIM AND DORIS

TheiaT said...

Doris...thanks so much! I didn't know that I'm scared of mice, but now I know!!!

Anonymous said...

This great story is exactly why I love you!! So entertaining, yet so true! You always make me laugh!! Love you!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hi, Theia. What a good laugh! Hip, hip, hooray for Jessie the hero. Oh, and your poem was adorable.

I've never known anyone with enough patience to have a blog. How long have you had it?

Manda

TheiaT said...

Manda,

Thanks for stopping by! We can laugh about the mouse now, but at the time it WAS NOT funny!

Hope everything is good in New Orleans! Alice has told me some of your story in rebuilding after Katrina! God bless you! I worked in LTC for 10 years...I know the awesome responsibility you have as the NHA!

I started my blog back in the summer. It's a great hobby!