......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Saturday, September 6, 2008

God created me to play football!


Left: Jaxson is a very hard hitter!


"Dad, God created me to play football!" That's what my nephew Grayson (3rd grade) said to my brother not too long ago. I just love it! And for now, I believe that our Boo Bear has answered his calling!

I spent the day with my brother's family today. Both Jaxson (4th grade) and Grayson had games today. They play pee-wee football for the Alexandria Valley Cubs. I'm happy to report that we won both games. Grayson's team played first, and he scored 3 TDs! Way to go, Grayson! Then Jaxson's team had a victory thanks in large part to his hard hitting, big tackles, and 3 QB sacks!

Watching the boys' games was rather bittersweet for me, I must admit because I remember how proud Mom always was of all her grandchildren! I feel like those kids are missing out on so very much because she's gone. It's been a little more than two years now and it sometimes, like today, seems so raw and consuming.

I pray that I can find a way to somehow help them know just how much Grandmother loved them. Most especially, I pray that Lauren, Savannah, Jaxson, and Grayson will all know exactly what it is that God created them uniquely to do and that they will find the courage to do it wholeheartedly! I love that they are young and having a great childhood, but I can hardly wait to see the good things in store for their future!



TOUCHDOWN, GRAYSON!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!







Jaxson (center orange) getting ready to sack that QB!

No comments: