......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Monday, September 8, 2008

To Jason & Miriam with Love!

Dear Jason,

Happy, Happy Birthday, Jay-Jay! It was about 10 years ago that our paths first crossed "way up there in Tennessee" when we were working at Rivermont Care and Rehabilitation Center. You were one of the friendliest people I met on my first day of work there, but at time I was clueless to the depth of friendship we would eventually develop during our tenure there.

As I pondered what to say for your special day, a plethora of memories flooded my mind, so I will choose to list some of the most vivid, in no particular order, of course! Hope it brings a smile to your face!
  • Granny-Cat-Fights breaking out at your and Shelli's baby shower

  • Knock-Knock, Lanelle! Why can't I come in?

  • Would everybody stop stealing my pen?

  • All hands in the dining room! All hands!

  • Orval smiling.

  • Please move your car!

  • Dr. Justo, I hate to tell you this, but....maggots....

  • I've been a preacher, I've been a teacher, I've been a doctor....!!!

  • Salad with no salad dressing (are you still weird?)

  • Bill wrote me up, 2 days in a row!

  • data points = brain washing

  • JayJay rescues a choking nurse!

  • Hey Jason, we need a wheel chair...can you please find one for us?

  • Hector shooting birds.

  • Amy knew how to play the game.

Jason, those were some fun times, but I'm thankful we've both moved on! You and your family will always have a special place in my heart! Hope today is the beginning of a great year! Theia


Miriam,
Happy Birthday, dahling!


Wow! We've had some moments over the years, too, huh? Most were good, some were really, really great! What I appreciate most about you is that in the most difficult months of my life, you always knew what to say at the right time, drawing from your personal experience. I don't know if I ever told you how much you helped me!


I love you and am thankful for your friendship!


Theia



No comments: