......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halfway There!


I don't know these people, just so you know. I just thought the photo was fitting for this post...



I had an oncology appointment today as I do every 6 months, and it seems that I am halfway to what "they" consider cancer-free!!!! Evidently, a person diagnosed with cancer must have no signs off recurrence for 5 years before she can be considered truly cured. So far, so good with me, and I am so very thankful. I know not everyone is so fortunate. I have no reason to expect the cancer to come back in the future, but if it does, we will just deal with it, won't we?



Have any of you seen a man who looks like this? I was talking with one certain gentleman (who will remain nameless at this time) who is currently living and working near Seattle. He says that he has joined the gym, and that the next time I see him, I will mistake him for Arnold. I suspect that he may have a little more facial hair than he had when this picture was taken....if anyone knows his whereabouts, please let me know...






Oh, and here's another thing...




This is the shirt I purchased at the Dolly Concert last month. It is a picture of her, I'm guessing, from the 70's. I think she looks sooooo pretty here. I don't know if you can see in the photo, but her eyelashes are really, really long, and her eye makeup is pretty. And check out the bling bling hoop earrings. That's girl-stuff if I've ever seen it!



I'm planning to participate in the annual "Turkey Trot" in Rainsville on Thanksgiving morning. It is a 5K Run/Walk (trust me, I won't be running...) to raise money for the school, the science department in particular if I am correct. If anyone wants to walk with me, I would be so happy for you to.... If you are like me, you might wonder exactly how long is 5K - it's just over 3 miles.


Along that train of thought...I'm still walking, drinking water, drinking coffee, taking herbs, not eating after 6 p.m., as well as praying for self-control and endurance. I'm not doing the slimfast. So far I've lost about 19 lbs. Yea! It's a battle, isn't it?


Saturday is Championship Game Day for the Alexandria Valley Cubs PeeWee and Midget teams. Grayson's team (Midgets) plays Oxford, and Jaxson's team (PeeWee) plays Lincoln, I think. Brother said that Jaxson's game will be tough.
I'll report back on the outcome of both games...

Have a fun weekend, everybody!!!



No comments: