......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

on my christmas baby....

My sweet baby boy discovered his hands today. I know...I know....all babies do this, and it's all sweet. Surely you know how it is. Isn't it somehow different, sweeter, more awesome when the baby belongs to you?


MT held his little fists together and raised them up to his eyes only inches away. He wiggled his chubby little fingers then made fists again before his widening eyes. Down to his mouth went his hands....then up to his sparkling brown eyes...then back to his mouth. It was just beautiful, I tell ya!


Oh how I want to brand this sight into my memory! I want to hide these precious moments in my heart, for I know he's growing so fast and soon he will be using his hands for important things. Will he use them to pass a football someday? Will he play the piano? Will he be a great artist?

Will his hands someday be in chains?

For serving our country...?

For serving our Lord...?

This Christmas season has brought the mother of Christ, Mary, to mind.

I can relate to her a little bit...having a new baby. I don't know if she knew for sure what all was in store for her Son. Without a doubt, I'm positive she was in awe of his sweet little toes. Surely she kissed his little nose and "spanked" his cute little bottom.

She must have wondered what life had in store for Him. The angel had clearly told her, "you shall call His name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give him the throne of his father David. And he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end (Luke 1:31-33)." She must have wondered just how the details of His life would unfold.

Yes, I can relate to Mary this year....especially when she sang from her full and overflowing joyful heart...

My soul magnifies the Lord,

And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior

For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant;

.......

For He who is mighty has done great things for me,

And holy is His name....Luke 1:46-49


Yes, truly He has done great things for me!

I wonder what life has in store for my sweet baby boy. I know God has big, big plan for his life, and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

For now...I'm going to tickle his little feet. I'm going to kiss his little nose and "spank-spank" his cute little bottom as my soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior...
Ahhh...sigh...
God is so good, isn't He?



2 comments:

Doris said...

PRECIOUS POST, THEIA!

Deedra said...

Theia, this is so beautiful. Just beautiful.