......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Thursday, December 9, 2010

our elf on a shelf...


I've been hearing all about "Elf On a Shelf". I soooo look forward to a few years down the road when we can do this with MT.

I happened to think....we already have our Elf. Elves (plural), actually.

I remember when I was in about the 5th grade, the year my Mom and her friend Peggy made the cutest little Christmas elves. I have four that my Mother made. This year I have them sitting under our tree like little watch guards over gifts. I love these little elves.

How cool will it be when MT is 3 or 4 years old to use elves that were sewn by my mom some 30 years ago!!!

I miss my Mom.

Especially now.

But she's here...
in all the things she left behind...
material...
and immaterial.

I believe she knows all the good things happening here.
I don't even know how to finish this post.
I'm just glad.
So glad.

No comments: