......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

oh so sad for my BamaSlammer...

Today I was scrolling through the newsfeed on facebook when I saw the saddest post I've ever encountered. My friend Shay wrote, "rest in peace, daddy. a very sad day for us."

My heart broke. Not because I was so close to Jim, but because I know what Shay will be facing in the coming days. Grief is hard. Grief during the holidays can seem unbearable.

I remember a particularly moving post that Shay, a.k.a. BamaSlammer, once wrote about her dad. BamaSlammer, a hard-working single mom of a toddler, hasn't done much blogging lately, but her posts are still out there. Check out THIS ONE.

I'm humbly reminded of those who may be having a Blue Christmas....praying for all of them.

Praying for you, BamaSlammer....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate all of your prayers and thoughts!! I am planning to email you more.I just havent had a chance. I feel your prayers. Love you! Shay