......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Monday, January 5, 2009

I Ain't Never Won Nuttin'...

Have you ever heard the "best of" clip from the Rick and Bubba Show entitled "Willie and Wanda"? It's R&B's retelling of a time when they had given away a trip to California to listeners chosen from a random drawing. The winner was a lady referred to as "Wanda."

Well, "Wanda's" husband was in the pen (okay, people, lighten up...I know that's not nice, that's just how they quoted her on the show...and it was funny, okay?) and therefore unable to travel to California with her. "Wanda" asked if she could take her boyfriend, "Willie," instead. Well, as "Willie" came bounding out his trailer door, leaping from the front porch into the limo in a single bound, proudly wearing his Richard-Petty-cowboy-hat-with-feathers-on-the-front, he notified them all that he "ain't never been nowhere!!!" Of course, you can guess that his trip to California proved his declaration to be true as he landed himself in jail during the R&B give-away trip.

Well, I sort of feel a little Willie-like, except I ain't never won nuttin'!!!

Until now...

It seems that Deedra over at Down on the Farm has tagged me with an award!

Aww! Shucks, Deedra! You are so sweet!

"This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! This blog is exceedingly charming. This kind blogger aims to find and be friends. This blogger is not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to writers like this one and those nominated below!"

Ok, so it's my turn to hand out the prizes....and the winners are....drum roll please...

1. BamaSlammer. Shay is one of my oldest and dearest peeps who at least used to live in Florida, but she recently moved, perhaps to south Georgia, so I'm not exactly sure where she lives now! She's expecting her first baby soon! Her posts just make me laugh out loud! Love you, Shay!

2. Mary B over at Shorty PJs. Mary is a southern gal transplanted to The Big Apple. She's a childhood friend of my friend Linda (who is a character in more than one of my favorite posts), and her blog sparked my interest in the hobby of blogging. She is a published writer, and I feel hobby-bloggers like me can learn a lot from her. Good job, Mary!

Okay, BamaSlammer and MaryB, do with it what you will!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so kind! I love reading your blog and you certainly deserve many awards for it!!! Love you! Shay