......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Friday, January 16, 2009

NO-SIR-REE-BOB, Not Me!


I know I didn't do this.

Nope. No way. No sir-ree-bob.

Not me.

Never, ever.

Here's what didn't happen the other night.

I actually was in my room doing my new Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout dvd. The girls were going in and out of the pantry just outside my door, peek in at me, pop a cookie in their mouths, and walk away. (Note to self: It's HUGE MISTAKE #1 to do an exercise video with your bedroom door open for teenagers to watch at their discretion.)

In walks Arabian, our truth-teller girl, the call-it-like-you-see-it gal, the straight-shooter-sister. Arabian looks at the tv then looks at me. She looks back at the tv then back at me. "You doin'at?" she says in disbelief.

Here's where the unbelievable didn't really take place...

"Yea, girl. Get in here and do it with me!" Oooo, I'm good! (Another note to self if, of course, this had in fact really happened: Pride goes before a fall).

Then, I know Arabian didn't look over at my coffee table to nose around. And I know that she didn't spy my last piece of dark Christmas chocolate. "What's dat?" she definitely did not say.

Busted....NOT.

If I had really been doing the Boot Camp dvd, Bob the Trainer would have been having me do the HOOK/UPPER-CUT boxing move right at that moment.

I swear, I did not say "Come here Arabian."

She did not walk closer to me, and I did not say "I need a punching bag" as I practiced the HOOK/UPPER-CUT in the air with all my might.

Arabian then DID NOT scurry her pregnant belly out of my room.

Nope. Not me.

I would never threaten a pregnant lady with a stiff HOOK/UPPER-CUT.

Now, where's my food diary and how many calories are in dark chocolate???

No comments: