......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fried Okra and a Good Friend

Didn't go to church today. One of the girls was very sick. In fact, I thought we might need to go to the hospital. We called the doctor, however, and he called in a prescription for her. She's feeling some better now, so maybe we can make it until her next appointment which is this Tuesday.

I cooked a good lunch for the girls today. It was yummy if I do say so myself. I, like my Mom, do not consider myself to be a good cook. Fair at best. But today I fixed a roast which was very close to how Mom used to do it...and it was probaby her best entree. I also, for the first time ever, tried my hand at fried okra (I couldn't let Aunt Marie's garden vegetables go to waste!). Did good on the okra, too. Maggie told me it was a little burnt, but that girl lives at the beach, what does she know?

I had a special friend come to visit tonight...Stephanie McFall. She's in town for a few days with her little boys while Steve and the girls are on a mission trip. She was beautiful as always. I was so happy to have her here for a while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a great influence on the girls! They are so lucky to have you! Yep, people from FL dont get "real southern" food. Even south Georgians dont seen to get it like the Bama folks! :) I know it was perfect!