We first became friends way back in 2nd grade.
I understand she is a big-wig educator in Florida now, but I have some of my most favorite memories of her from back in the day....
- She was always my shortest friend and cute as pie.
- Her mom made the best pancakes for breakfast.
- She was very difficult to wake from a deep sleep on Saturday mornings which was most frustrating for a weird kid like me who woke up early
- Her prom dress didn't come in until the last minute...in 11th grade, I think.
- She always talked about "my cousin Sherry" who was a mystery-cousin back then, but I know Sherry now and she really is wonderful!
- She knew every word to every song on the radio
- NKOTB, baby!
- She performed Whitney Houston in the "Shower of Stars" with a big gold bow in her hair
- She, Adrian, and Rainer performed "Love Shack" at our senior night
I'm really proud of you Shay and I hope you have many more Happy Days!