......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Shay!!!

Today is LaShay's birthday. Shay Burch, that is!

We first became friends way back in 2nd grade.

I understand she is a big-wig educator in Florida now, but I have some of my most favorite memories of her from back in the day....
  • She was always my shortest friend and cute as pie.
  • Her mom made the best pancakes for breakfast.
  • She was very difficult to wake from a deep sleep on Saturday mornings which was most frustrating for a weird kid like me who woke up early
  • Her prom dress didn't come in until the last minute...in 11th grade, I think.
  • She always talked about "my cousin Sherry" who was a mystery-cousin back then, but I know Sherry now and she really is wonderful!
  • She knew every word to every song on the radio
  • NKOTB, baby!
  • She performed Whitney Houston in the "Shower of Stars" with a big gold bow in her hair
  • She, Adrian, and Rainer performed "Love Shack" at our senior night

I'm really proud of you Shay and I hope you have many more Happy Days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theia,
THANK YOU SO MUCH and what a memory!!!!! I am so glad to have you in my life! I am one lucky lady! I love you! Shay