......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Madea, where have you been all my life?




I guess I'm a little behind (no, I didn't say I have a little behind!), but I have just discovered the Tyler Perry plays and movies. How great are they???

My favorite so far is "Diary of a Mad Black Woman". How can a single film evoke so strongly such a broad plethora of emotion? Anger. Silly humor. Embarrassment. Anxiety. Nausea. Sadness. Joy. How can one film demonstrate such a balance between justice and grace, revenge and forgiveness, drama and comic relief?

And what about that Madea. She is a killer! Oh my, she's funny!

I've searched all of Fort Payne and Rainsville trying to purchase my own copy of Diary, but no luck. I guess I'll just break down and order it off the evil internet.

It's really good. You should rent it.



No comments: