......revelations of one woman's reality of life, love, and all things hopeful...

Sunday, March 1, 2009

13.1...here I come! What'tha????




Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen. I made the commitment today.

13.1

13.1 proof-positive miles that perhaps I really have flipped my wig... for real.

The Country Music Marathon and Half-Marathon will be exactly 55 days from today on Saturday April 25, and I plan to be there wearing my magic walking shoes and DryMax socks....Me and more than 25,000 other people. This ain't the Turkey Trot, Toto!

I've been training for several months now, and I still have some work to do. Nevertheless, I think I shall make it with God's help!

This whole distance-race flame was sparked inside of me when our Pastor was teaching through Second Peter on Wednesday nights. He started in 1:1 and went to the end of the book, but the passage that spoke volumes to my life was 1:5-8...


...make every effort to supplement your faith with goodness,
goodness with knowledge,
knowledge with SELF-CONTROL,
SELF-CONTROL with ENDURANCE,
endurance with godliness,
godliness with brotherly affection,
and brotherly affection with love.
For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they will keep you from being useless and unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I certainly do not desire to be useless and unfruitful in my relationship or service to Christ, but I had to confess that I have a true sin-problem when it comes to self-control and endurance. So this upcoming race is not about me or anything I can accomplish, but it's about the power of Christ to redeem a sinner and change a life. It's about the freedom that comes with submission. It's about learning a difficult lesson...Endurance comes with faith that He does have a plan that he will reveal in His own time, and I must wait as I persevere step by step by step.
As a light hearted tribute to my distance walkers and runners everywhere, let's all enjoy a little Forrest, Forrest Gump.

No comments: